- I've always thought this name had a nice classic sound, but it still sounds modern as well. I can see a president, a sales associate or a surfer chick being named Adelaide it just works on all levels. Not to mention it comes with the cute nickname possibility "Addie."
- Very pretty, classic. Means the same as Alice.
- This was my great-great-great-great grandmother's name and I fell in love with it the first time I went through my grandma's old photo album from the 1800's. I loved it even more after being able to read her childhood account of the civil war.
- honestly, I have just watched "Aristocats" too many times and that old ladies name has just grown on me!
- Adelaide Elizabeth: My Great grandmothers name was Adelaide, and itís a beautiful name. Elizabeth is a classic name that goes well with Adelaide.
From the Germanic name Adelheidis, this name comes from elements meaning "noble" and "type; sort." The name Alice is also derived from this name.
See Also: Alice, Heidi
Your Favorite Names