- This is my daughter's name and I liked that it means fiery one. It
definitely suits her personality.
- I know Aidan is considered a boy name, but I like it for a girl because it is soft and romantic sounding to me.
- a beautiful name for either sex
- Aidan Makenna: I like this name because it is a very pretty name. It sounds good together also.
- Aidan Rose: i love aidan because it's Irish for "fire" and maybe if my daughter's name means fire, she will not have the fear of it that i do. and Rose flows so well with it
In Ireland, Aidan is strictly a boys' name. However, it has been occasionally found on girls in the USA since the 1990s. It is an anglicization of the Irish Gaelic Aodhán, which is derived from the name Aodh, a Celtic god whose name means "fire" + a diminutive ending. The Irish girls' form of this name would be Aodhnait, which is anglicized Enat.
See Also: Aidenn, Aden, Aidan (boy), Ayden, Aedan
Your Favorite Names