- very cute. nice for a little girl, but also for an older female.
- I absolutely love the name Amanda because it sounds precious and it means beloved for a baby girl
- beloved. How better can I tell a daughter how wanted and loved she is than by saying her name?
- I just think this name is very romantic sounding
- Amanda Dawn: Dawn gives Amanda a great variation
- Amanda Kaitlyn: I love this name. I think it flows well together and beautiful meaning. Amanda means worthy of love and Kaitlyn means pure.
Amanda was used by the Romans as a feminine form of the name Amandus. It comes from the Latin word amanda meaning "lovable, worthy of love." It was not used in English until the 17th century when it was discovered by writers and used as a character name. It became frequently used as a given name for babies in the late 1800s.
See Also: Amandine
Your Favorite Names