- a beautiful meaning, not to usual, but not too strange
- I don't know if anybody's called that but I always thought it would be a nice name to name my children, it's very soft.
- I had to use it for my cat because I've run out of girls...
- for a boy or girl, and it can describe many different things about the person by calling them that.
- Angel May: My own name. Beautiful, seasonal (especially if you're born in the month of May) and just a lovely name.
- Angel Melody: I once again really like his name. It's a bit cutesy but sweet and pretty. I like these names together because it's like an 'Angel's Song'
In Spanish, Angel is a boys' name. In English, it is usually used for girls (except in the case of Angel Clare in Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'Urbervilles). It comes from the Latin Angelus, from Greek angelos meaning "messenger." It may seem strange to think of Angel as a boys' name if you don't speak Spanish, but it may be worth mentioning that all the angels mentioned by name in the bible are male.
See Also: Angela, Angelica, Angelina
Your Favorite Names