- It's feminine and timeless
- because it's strong, classic, and timeless. The perfect name.
- classic, strong, beautiful, simple- the perfect name
- My favorite girls name right now (my tastes are changing constantly) is Anna. It is simple, feminine, easy to remember and not too trendy.
- This is such a classic name, but it still rings well.
- means "grace," love the nickname Annie
- because it is a name beautiful ladies often have.
- In spite of its popularity, I like its international flavor and "Anna Karenina" is my all time favorite book.
- Tried and true classic. Great alternative to the extremely popular Hannah.
- Classic, timeless, and a name you can't wrong with.
- Anna Isabella: Very feminine, yet classic - could be a princess/duchess one day!
- Anna Josephine Rain: Anna after my mom Leann, Josephine cause I like the possibility of the nn AJ and Rain cause I love Rain <
- Anna Jubilee: Jubilee is a family name that means joyfulness or time of celebration. It always brings to mind happiness when I hear it. Anna is a pretty common name and "grounds" Jubilee nicely. Annie is my fav. nn but I also like Jubi, Julie, and Billie.
- Anna Kaisa (ON-na KYE-sa): Swedish…It is really fun to say, it rolls off the tongue and sounds beautiful. Baby has choice of going with more traditional “Anna” or more exotic “Kaisa”. Easy to shorten when screaming as in “Ki, stay out of the way of that drooling grizzly bear!!!”
- Anna Laurel: A lot of people in my family have "Ann" names. I think Anna is classy and simple at the same time.
- Anna Maria: to set together this two beautiful biblical names makes it extra ordinary!! It especially beautiful if you have a Anna-grandma and a Maria-grandma and the granddaughter get this name..
- Anna Victoria~ My mother-in-law would like for me to a name a girl Annie but I just don't like that name. I like Anna much better. Just
makes me think of a very sweet person. Together the name means Gracious Winner/Conqueror which I think is a great meaning.
Anna is the Latin form of the Hebrew name Chana, which means 'God has favored me [with a child].' The meaning is sometimes said to be "grace." This meaning is the "grace" meaning "favor; thanks" (as in to say grace i.e. a prayer) not the one that means "not clumsy" as in "graceful." Anna is the form of the name used in many different European languages.
See Also: Ana, Annah, Anne, Ann, Hannah
Your Favorite Names