- This is a Russian nickname of Anna or Anastasia. It is pronounced On-ya. I think it has a beautiful sound and is exotic but familiar enough not to sound weird.
- This is a Russian name with a hint of mystery. Beautiful.
- this name makes me think of flowers and spring. its beautiful, and not heard a lot.
- I have always loved this name. There's something enigmatic and strong about it, yet it's so feminine.
- I just think that the name is great! It is a Russian name so it is not heard of very often.
- I love Russian names. So I might name the girl Anastasia and call her Anya for short. It means grace and not so common as the name Grace.
- Anya Sophia: Anya, because it is a more uncommon version of Anna, which we liked, and because we thought it was beautiful. We liked the meaning, as well (grace). Sophia for meaning (wisdom) and flow. I like girls' names that have meaning other than those pertaining to beauty or demure virtue.
Anya is a Russian diminutive of Anna (see for more info).
See Also: Anna, Anja, Onya
Your Favorite Names