- I liked this name when I came across the character in Jude the Obscure. Arabella isn't the most sympathetic character in the book, but I liked the name. Her nickname in the book is Abby, which I think is cute, and I don't like Abigail.
- (pronounced Ah-ra-bella) I really like this name because it is a classic and sounds so original. I have yet to meet someone with this name and it makes the person sound sophisticated and old fashioned. I think this name is quite romantic if you ask me.
- So pretty and girly. Plus, she can go by Bella
- This might be my next girl's middle name. I like Arabella because it sounds like and aristocratic, royal, beautiful girl. Plus it sounds nicer than the more commonly used Isabella.
- Arabella is a very rare but very beautiful, frilly feminissima name with an aristocratic touch and a history. You could call her Ara or Bella for short
- Arabic-Exotic and feminine; Think of deserts and stuff
Arabella's origins are unknown. Scholars think that it may be a form of Annabel/Annabella. It also may come from the Latin word orabilis, which means 'to pray to.'
See Also: Annabel
Your Favorite Names