I love music and a name that means a melody or song just seems perfect. And it's more original than Melody and Harmony.
- I'm surprised that this name isn't heard more often. It's very beautiful and greatly reflects the wide Italian population in this country.
- It is very unique and its definition is "a beautiful melody" which is meaningful to me because I love to sing.
- sounds exotic and a bit mysterious.
- Short, sweet, musical, lovely. Also know a lovely young lady with that name....her mom's an opera singer.
- Very beautiful, ethnic sounding. Reminds me of those Italian operas with solo parts. (Because that's what an aria is.)
In an opera, an aria is a vocal solo that's intentionally complicated, so it can highlight a singer's skill. It's been used as a name in English since the early 20th century. In European languages it may have been used earlier as a pet form of Arianna. Though it is not necessarily connected to the Hebrew name Arieh meaning "lion" or the Sanskrit Arya meaning "honorable," it is sometimes listed in baby name books as such. In the 2000s, the name got a boost from the character of Arya in the Game of Thrones books by George R.R. Martin and the television series based on the books.
See Also: Ariah
Your Favorite Names