- I love this name. I plan on using it for a future daughter. It sounds so femmine and dainty!
- newer name I adore very dainty.
- If I was to have another child and if it were a girl I would totally choose the name Ashlyn. It's just a really pretty name. I like Ashley but it is way over done. Ashlyn/Ashlynn is a nice alternative.
- I used this name in a plot for a story that never quite got off the ground. (I'm a fanatic for finding names that are interesting and unusual.One of my favorite books is Beyond Jennifer and Jason) Doesn't it sound better than Ashley? Fresher, crisper? You can also spell it Ashlynne, Ashlynn, Ashlyne.
- This is a great name because it is unique yet sounds familiar thanks to the overused name Ashley
- Variation Ashley, which was a great name until it exploded in the population. Too much is overkill, so I made necessary adjustments and this is the result.
- Ashlyn Jeramie: I love the the name Ashlyn, its a different twist of Ashley. More feminine. Jeramie, is just too cute and sweet.
- Ashlyn Renae: Ashley was the name of my fav. aunt (my only aunt on my dad's side) but Ashley has never been a fav. of mine. So I added the Lyn onto Ash and got Ashlyn. Renae was first name of the girl who tormented me all through middle school (that made me want to succeed and be better than her)
Ashlyn is a modern name first appearing in the 1960s. It is formed by taking "Ashley" and adding the common feminine suffix -lyn. Many names are created this way, by taking an already popular name and altering it slightly (i.e., Kaylee & Kaitlyn -> Kaylin, Kimberly -> Kimberlyn etc.)
See Also: Ashlynn, Ashlynne
Your Favorite Names