- (a*Zee*a) This name is so romantic. It has a different flair from plain old Asia. I have always been fascinated with girls named after countries or cities. It is so different from any other name out there.
- Asía: I LOVE this name because it's so cute. Instead of just a plain old i it has a new flair í. This Asía has a unique quality that separates it from a continent from a great young girl. Asía gives me the expression of a young beauty queen and a smart intelligent adult.
- I like this name because of the sound, and because I've always been fascinated in the Orient.
- Asia Desdemona: this is the name of our first daughter. Asia is so lovely and unusual and Desdemona is very nice and reminds us a famous tragedy! It's very unusual, too
- Asia Glass: I like the name Asia, because it's just a really beautiful name, and I like the middle name Glass, because the substance glass is delicate and beautiful.
- Asia Nicole: This is such an interesting combo of exotic name + average name. I think they really compliment each other.
The name Asia for a girl first appeared in 1945. It was used sparingly until the 1980s, when it took off in popularity, reaching its peak in the late 1990s-early 2000s. In that time, it may have gotten a boost from the rise to fame of actor Asia Argento (born Aria Asia Maria Vittoria Rossa Argento in 1976).
See Also: Aja, Aysia
Your Favorite Names