- I don't think I could name my daughter this but I love it sooo much. What a great person to aspire to!
- The Greek goddess of wisdom and civilization. A classical name with a modern sound, and what better quality to name your daughter for?
- I like this one because it's from Greek mythology. Athena was the goddess of wisdom, the arts, inventor of the trumpet and flute, etc. It's hard to find mythological names that don't carry lots of baggage (think about Aphrodite or Venus--a little daunting to be the goddess of love and beauty, eh?).
- Athena is another name in Greek mythology. She was the Goddess of Wisdom. This is a beautiful name in my opinion. It just stands out but with a great elegance to it.
- Athena Claire - It's strong sounding yet still beautiful. I'd name my daughter this. Claire is to honor my grandmother.
- Athena Rochelle: I study greek mythology and have always loved the name Athena and Rochelle is a family name.
In ancient Greece, Athena was the goddess of wisdom and warfare. She is often depicted with an owl. The origin of the name Athena is unknown, but may be connected to the Greek words Greek ather "sharp" and aine "praise."
See Also: Athene
Your Favorite Names