- this name has a fairytale quality to it which makes it sound almost wistful. I love the nature connections and i think it is just a very pretty name that will age well.
- Briar is French for Heather. I've never met anybody with this name. I first heard it as a child watching Sleeping Beauty. It was what the fairies called Aurora. It just strikes me as home spun and country in an attractive way. It's so individual but sounds perfectly normal.
- usually a male name lately, but with the right southern accent could be very ladylike
- Briar Rose: This is really unique, but if you really like it, it would be a cool name. You can think of a nickname, or just call her Rose.
- >Briar Rose: i always loved this fairy tale and think the name has a wimsical sort of ring to it.
Your Favorite Names