- My favorite actor/director is Mel Brooks and I would love to name my daughter after him. I prefer longer names turned shorter so Brooke will not due. I love the name Brooklyn just to lengthen the name Brooke.
- My favorite director is Mel Brooks and I want to name one of my children after him. However, my favorite names are names that are long and can be shortened so the child can choose as he or she gets older. Clearly taking Brooke out the running, I chose Brooklyn.
- I love New York-my birthplace. Brooklyn is so unique and uncommon. A combination of the name Brooke and Lynn, Two very boring names. Brooklyn is definitely an exotic name.
- I like this name for both genders because I live in Brooklyn New York and plus I used to love the Spice Girls, and as everyone knows Posh Spice named her son that and I think it was great!
- Brooklyn is one of my favorite cities, and I love how the name Brooke can be extracted from it
- i love this name because it is a combination of my mothers middle name and my grandmothers middle name. And for some reason, i like girls' names who are named after cities.
- Brooklyn Charlotte: classic mixed with retro artistic vibe...i just adore it.
- Brooklyn Paige: My husband and I put Brooke (a name I always used for my babydolls gowing up) and Lynn (my middle name) together for our daughter.
- Brooklyn Rose: This is such a great name because it has so many possiblities: Brook, Lyn, and Rose, which can be easily mixed and matched for cool nicknames.
Brooklyn is one of the 5 boroughs of New York City. It was named after the Dutch town of Breuckelen meaning "broken land." It's popularity as a name began in the 1970s, but didn't take off until the late 1980s. It probably owes its popularity to the fact that the name Brooke was already popular, and adding the suffix -lyn to a name was already a trend (i.e., Ashley -> Ashlyn, Kaylee -> Kaylin). Plus there was also a trend for using place names as first names at the time.
See Also: Brooklyn (boy), Brooke
Your Favorite Names