- always loved the name after watching the ballet CARMEN
- I like the sound of the name, and it makes me think of a very strong and courageous woman
- its different and my sister loves the movie spy kids that is where i got this name
- very feminine, elegant and so sopisticated. Carmen is a frogotten timeless beauty.
- Carmen Clare: It's an exotic, beautiful name. It's unusual and doesn't sound too girly or too masculine.
Carmen is a Spanish form of Carmel (see also), altered by folk etymology to match the Latin word carmen, meaning "song."
See Also: Carmin, Carmyn, Carmel
Your Favorite Names