- Is just like singing a song. I have heard many meanings for the name including music and blind. My favorite is faith without seeing. It is enough to melt you heart.
- I think this is a pretty name and it isn't too common today. Plus it can be shortened to Cece, Cecily, Cissy, Celia, etc.
- St. Cecilia is the patron saint of music. I have always loved this name, because it just sounds musical.
- I like this name because it sounds romantic and there are no hard sounds. It's not that popular but it is a classic name.
- I think this name is just beautiful. I always wanted lovebirds and if I did get them, Cecilia would be the female's name.
Cecilia is the feminine form of the Roman name Caecilius, which is derived from caecus, Latin for "blind." St. Cecilia is an early Roman martyr who is the patron saint of music and musicians.
See Also: Cecelia
Your Favorite Names