- Celeste in Latin means Heavenly and that's always how I thought of the name. It's soft and feminine without being too fluffy and insubstantial.
- this name just screams pure and good, which is a very endearing trait for a little girl to possess.
- It means "of the heavens" and children are truly a blessing from God
- I have always thought this was a beautiful name; not only does it sound nice, but the image it brings to mind (of a clear starry sky, in my mind) is equally beautiful. I've used this for a main character in a story I published on-line, and a middle name of another of my characters.
- means heavenly. Something classic and not heavily used. It's such a beautiful name that is still unique.
Celeste is the French, Italian and English feminine form of the Roman name Caelestus, which derives from Latin caelus meaning "of the sky; heavenly."
See Also: Celestia
Your Favorite Names