- It's simple with an understated elegance. I know a Clare who is a positive association, though I prefer the spelling Claire.
- because it is a classic name - simple and yet rather unusual these days. I think it is nice for a little girl, but will also suit a woman who wants to be taken seriously
- Timeless, meaningful. Not trendy currently.
- Elegant, refined and not too overused
- Love it because it exudes class and has a lovely flair. It's great on its own as a first name, as well as a middle name for almost any name out there.
- elegant and sophisticated
- it's common, but so elegant and crisp, and much better than "Clara".
- A name that works well for all ages, classic and simple. It's easy to picture a little girl, a professional woman, or a grandmother named Claire.
- Sweet, simple, elegant and very classy. I see an adorable child as well as a refined lady both with this name.
- ClaireElyse: The rythm is beautiful. Claire means bright; Elyse is a form of oath of God. Therefore she is a bright oath of God, which means a lot to me as a Christian.
Claire is the French form of Clara. Clara comes from the Latin clarus, which means "famous."
See Also: Clare
Your Favorite Names