- it sounds beautiful and Edie is an adorable nickname for it.
- paradise... a hippie name, yet biblical, and I like how it's short but seems longer.
- This name is all around awesome. It is very mysterious and dark sounding. But also very beautiful.
- cuz i want my daughter to know that her body is her paradise, not her curse.
- I love this name because it is unique without being over the top, it's biblical which makes me feel this name would stand the test of time and gives it christian meaning. I also like the fact that it's not a frilly overly feminine name, it sounds cool. This name is also a great compliment to a family name Sara that I want to use on my daughter. They sound great together and are both biblical so I'd like to use the double name Sara-Eden- which is refreshing in comparison to Sara-Ann and Sara-Kate.
- unique yet classic
- Eden Gabrielle: These names just sound really great together.
- Eden Savannah: This name is unique and has a nature-esque aspect to it :) ... It seems like a nice name for someone who would be in tune with themselves and their surroundings, which is a very good quality to have!
In Hebrew, Eden means "pleasure" and the word also may be connected to the Sumerian word edin meaning "steppe; plain." According to Abrahamic religions, Eden is the name of the garden where God first placed Adam and Eve, the newly-created first man and woman. Eventually Adam & Eve disobeyed God's orders and were cast out. Because of this, Eden has come to symbolize a paradise that is lost; a sort of ideal place.
Your Favorite Names