- This spelling makes the name seem quieter. I like the nickname Lissy.
- I know that it's a common name, but it's usually spelled Elizabeth. I think it is very pretty and unique spelled this way; it just looks better.
- very "Shakespeare"! nice because there are so many nick names (Beth, Lizzie, Betsy).
- I'm a sucker for Elisabeth. It's pretty, it's classic, it's got about a billion nicknames (Betsy, Betty, Bette, Beth, Lisa, Leeza, Liz, Lissy, Ellie, Elisa, et. al.). What more can you want from a name? However, I prefer the "s" spelling versus the "z" spelling.
- Elisabeth Grace: Sounds like a beautiful, "graceful" and successful young woman
- Elisabeth Laurie - I adore the name Elisabeth which I think is a classic. I think it has good aging potential, and my favorite nickname is Ellie. Laurie is for someone that's very important in my life.
Elisabeth is the French, German and Dutch form of Elizabeth.
See Also: Elixabeth, Elizabeth, Alizabith
Your Favorite Names