- Eliza is one of my favourite names. It has the same etiquette and gets the same respect as Elizabeth. However, Eliza also gets to have more fun. The name Eliza has a certain flair and attitude to it that Elizabeth lacks. On the plus side, the name could share a plethora of nicknames with Elizabeth: Ellie, Ella, Liz, Liza, Lizzie, etc.
- A short form of Elizabeth, this brings to mind a beautiful flower of a girl.
- very different but classy sounding
- Another traditional name that I think will make a comeback. It's not as overused as Elizabeth
- very feminine name which is good in this ambiguous world. The name of many great women and characters such as Eliza Doolittle.
- I like this one because it works on a baby/child/teen/adult level. You can imagine a gorgeous four year old Eliza and you can also imagine a Dr. Eliza Somebody.
- A less used name that sounds cool. I would name my daughter that.
- Eliza Anne : Eliza is an old classic that is non very common. I can see a girl with any type of personality with this name. It is strong and not too "girlie". Anne is an old favorite. It is classic and reminds me of so many of my favorite females from books, songs, and family.
- Eliza Caroline: I have a thing for names ending in -ah-. I'd probably call her "Liza" for short.
- Eliza Isabelle: my favorite. Why this name is not popular eludes me, but I am grateful, as I plan to employ it soon, and will be keeping it (my
first choice) a secret so none of my stick-fingered girlfriends can claim it first!
Eliza was originally a short form of Elizabeth, though now it's also used on its own.
See Also: Elizabeth
Your Favorite Names