it has a cosy sound to it, but it's glamourous at the same time. I can imagine a woman named Ella being very creative.
- Its a great name... simple yet elegant, but still kinda trendy and not too common or plain. Its a great nickname for Isabelle/a or even Elizabeth. Ella Kathleen- its not oldfashioned, but isnt too hop-on-the-bandwagon-trendy. Its classic :)
- I love Ella for a few reasons: it is uncommon, simple, feminine, and can be a sexy adult name when shortened to Elle.
- more royal and elegant form of Elle
- It seems a pretty name and short and sweet a very innocent girls name
- The name is so descriptive yet you would never be able place a typical description of a person with that name. It speaks for itself!
- Ella Caroline: I began liking this name when the Travoltas named their daughter "Ella Bleu", Caroline is after my grandmother's middle name.
- Ella-Jane Ivy: Sounds classic and Ivy is my late Grandma's name.
- Ella Jensen: This name is very unique, and flows well
- Ella-Marie: this name is so pretty it can be shortened to Elle Ella Ellie and it's a combo of my great grand parents Elliot and Marie
Ella's origins can be traced to being a Norman form of the Germanic name Alia, which comes from an element meaning "other; foreigner." However, in more recent times, it has been seen as a short form of Ellen or Eleanor, or from names ending in -ella, like Isabella and Arabella.
See Also: Ellah, Ela
Your Favorite Names