- A very pretty name, but with intrinsic strength. It packs a punch while sounding elegant.
- While this was a British favourite for years, it never made it in the US. I'm not sure why not. A name like Gemma is a step away from America's oh-so-overused Emma. The only major difference is that Gemma brings to mind exactly what it means: gems.
- It is pretty but with some sassiness.
- a nice, new, and fresh alternative to Jenna
- (Jem-muh) it means "gem," in Italian and I love the sound.
- Love it because it exudes charm & femininity. The nickname 'Gem' is adorable, since 'gem' means 'precious stone' -- what could be more fitting for a daughter?
Gemma comes from a medieval Italian nickname meaning "gem; jewel."
See Also: Jemma
Your Favorite Names