- This is a lovely name in its English pronunciation, but it
becomes truly spectacular in its French pronunciation (jhean-vee-EV).
This is my mom's best friend's name, and she goes by Ginny, but I would
call her Vivi.
- it has so many possibilities, you can call the kid Jen, Jean, Eve, Eveie, Ginny, Veev, Jennie or just plane Genevieve. It's also the the women pass down through my fathers side, I'm Gean, grandma is Ginny, Great grandma was a prig and so she's just Genevieve.
- I love it when it's pronounced the French way, zhon-uh-VEE-ev.
- I love the classic quality of this name. Charming and a bit quirky.
- This sounds medieval, and I'm into that sort of thing. It's also a pretty name without being sugary.
- exotic but not too overtly sexy
- Genevieve Chiara: I've always been proud of the names my mother chose for my sister and I. My name is GENEVIEVE CHIARA And my sister is COLM AMORE(I don't have the accent option on my keyboard, note that Amore is as in the Dean Martin song.)
Geneviève is a French form of the name Genovefa, which may be a Gaulish name meaning "tribe woman." St. Geneviève is the patron saint of Paris.
Your Favorite Names