- I love the meaning of this name (Grace of God), and it sounds so elegant and I also like how it's spelled the same forward and backward.
- I like the way you can spell it front or backwards and its pretty for a girl
- First of all it's the same forwards and backwards, like Bob, only prettier, Second, it's just a soft-sounding yet fun name
- Supposed to be my husband's name if he was a girl, so is a family name.
- I love this name, but have never known of anyone named Hannah that wasn't a troublemaker : )
- This name means "grace of God" -- very peaceful.
- because it looks pretty written down and there are a lot of nicknames for it so you can have variety
- Old name that is simple, yet pretty
- Hannah is hebrew for Chana. I am Jewish so I prefer Biblical, Hebrew and Yiddish names a lot, and [this name] particularly because it works as a secular name and a jewish name as well
- Hannah Claire: The name Hannah just has such a peaceful, southern sound to it which I seem to like. And Claire has a clean cut sound that balances out the airy Hannah. Together, they sound beautiful.
- Hannah Grace: so sweet, and classic.
- Hannah Louise: It is my mum's favourite name
Hannah is an English form of the Hebrew name Chana, a name from which we also get Anna and Ann. Chana means 'God has favored me [with a child].' The meaning is sometimes said to be "grace." This meaning is the "grace" meaning "favor; thanks" (as in to say grace i.e. a prayer) not the one that means "not clumsy" as in "graceful."
See Also: Anna, Ann, Anne
Your Favorite Names