- Not an overused name, but still very cute. It's a good name for a girl who's comforting and nice, a safe haven from the rest of the mean people. Avey or Havey are cute nicknames.
- Haven is unique and beautiful...but not to strange.
- It sounds carefree and a little bit wild, but at the same time invokes thoughts of safety, security and femininity.
- A hippish, River-Phoenix's-family type of name that may cause a fire if it starts to spark (in terms of popularity), but a beautiful one none the less.
- Haven Amora or Haven Moon: Both Haven and Heaven are exceptionally beautiful names that convey a not too subtle meaning. In fact, it smacks you in the face with love.
- Haven Ana: (HAY ven AH na)-- I named my daughter this. I gave her up for adoption and thought Haven fit because she was going to a home better than one I could provide, and I chose Ana, because at the time I couldn't remember what it meant except that it meant something positive, and I liked it better than Anna (with that unpleasing short "a" sound).
The name Haven started being used with any regularity in the 1990s. It is taken from the English vocabulary word which means either a harbor for a ship or a safe place in general away from harm. It probably rose to popularity also because of other similar names being popular, like Heaven and Hayden.
Your Favorite Names