- it's a beautiful, classy old italian name
- another name with historical connections and a lovely sound. A really pretty name.
- It's a beautiful French name that evokes a truly feminine feeling when you say it out loud.
- I've loved this name since I read the very powerful books by the Holocaust survivor Isabella Leitner (née Katz). She and her two surviving sisters
were the first survivors to come to America after the war. Despite its burgeoning popularity, it's a beautiful classic with staying power.
- This name is very classy. I picture a strong, beautiful woman. Bella is a pretty nickname for a girl.
- A traditional but not plain name, I like this because it can be shortened many ways, but it doesn't have to be. Isabella is a name from one of my favorite books: Emma, by Jane Austen.
- reminds me of a princess. also like Izzie for short or Bella. for a beautiful child.
- this is a spanish name and is beautiful because it sounds like the kind of name a princess would have; also, the nickname 'bella' means beautiful.
- This name says beautiful woman. I wouldn't want anyone calling her Izzy though. Her nickname would be Isa (E-sa).
- this is name is actually quite popular right now, i have a friend who named her daughter this and calls her bella, which i think is cute. i think its popular for a good reason.
- classic, beautiful, lots of nn posibilities
- Its horrible that Isabella is becoming so popular...I foresaw the popularity of Madison when I was 9 years old...I, personally, love the actress Isabella Rosellini...That's my reasoning behind it!
- I love how Isabella sounds when pronouncing it with a spanish accent. It is a lovely name.
- Isabella Angel or Isabelle Angel: - Isabelle/a because my aunty was going to call my fav cousin that and Angel becuase I remember Angel off Home and Away and she was nice.
- Isabella Calypso: I like that it is exotic sounding and has a lot of opportunity for nicknames like bella, belle, calli etc.
- Isabella Emilia--Isabella is a great name that has shot up in popularity. It is classy, pretty, and has great nickname possibilities. I personally like Izzy better than Bella but I met a little girl with the nn Isa (ee-sa) and that is nice too. Emilia is strong and willful to me. It is from my favorite Shakespearean play, (Othello) and the name has grown on me a lot lately.
- Isabella Grace: Isabella is a name rich in history. It sounds noble, but at the same time feminine and exotic. It certainly has potential. Grace has been so popular lately, but I'm U2 fan and they have a great song called "Grace" on their new album.
- Isabella-Renate: this is a very beautiful name and it sounds beautiful coming off of your tongue.
- Isabella True: The whole name roughly means "God's promise is true." I think it's just the most beautiful meaning in the world. Isabella is also after my friend, Sarah, whom I nick named Bella.
Isabella is an Italian form of Isabel (see also), a form of Elizabeth. In the USA Isabella has been in the top 5 most popular baby names since 2006, reaching #1 in 2009.
See Also: Izabella, Issabella, Isabel, Elizabeth
Your Favorite Names