- like the name Jessica. A Jessie should be a curly blonde, with blue eyes. I know it's common, but pretty!
- it's long, elegant looking and sounding, it's very feminine, it's got history (Shakespeare's 'Merchant of Venice' anyone?) and staying power. Not to mention it's my name ;-)
- I have liked this name since I was a little girl, and it's my niece's name.
- this has been my favourite since I was about 10.
- Jessica Claire: because I love the nickname "Jessie" and Claire sounds musical and fine
- Jessica Corinne: My all time favorite name for a girl would be Jessica Corinne. It's feminine and yet it's a name that is suitable for both a little girl or a woman. It's classic.
William Shakespeare coined this name for his character in The Merchant of Venice. He probably based the name either on the Hebrew Jesse, or on the rare Old Testament name Iscah, which appeared in translations of the Bible at the time as Jescah. Iscah was a minor character in the Old Testament, a niece of Abraham. Her name comes from the Hebrew Yiscah meaning "to behold."
See Also: Jessyka, Jessie, Jesse
Your Favorite Names