- Is nice, but too common.It has the nice "ath" and the "e" that I like. At my school (we're a small Primary-12 school) there are 3 Catharines/Katharines in grade primary, 5 in the school. Out of only 200 students.
- commanding yet feminine, not fluffy
- it has always been one of my favorite names
- is a good name which isn't trendy or overused. it has a lot of good nick names like katy and kathy. i think it sounds good as a middle name or first name. i might use it for one of my future daughters.
- Though I never used this name for one of my children, Katherine has place dear to my heart as the name of my best friend and most trusted confidant. There is perhaps no other name in the European world that has such a tradition, honour, and story behind it. There is also an abundance of nicknames for Katherine, among which my favourite is Kate.
- Katherine Grace: I love the nickname Katie but find the name Kaitlyn too common and difficult to spell to ever saddle a child with. Katherine is much more elegant and I like that. I also can still use the same nicknames. I like Grace because it's a feminine name and goes perfectly together. I love how they roll off my tongue!
- Katherine Louise: I've always liked the versatility and soft sound of Katherine. As for Louise, my favorite English teacher used to call every girl in the class by their first name and then Louise (Elizabeth Louise, Sarah Louise, etc) I'll never be able to get that out of my system.
see Catherine for more info
See Also: Catherine, Kathryn, Katharine, Caddryn
Your Favorite Names