- My favorite name under the sun, though I too think it will be the new Emily by the time I have children. I picture a girl named Lucy as the sort who could make you laugh when you're having the worst day ever. She would be a ray of light, which would certainly suit her name (it does mean "light" after all). My favorite middle names for Lucy are Christina, for my best friend, and Shoshana (sho-SHAW-nah), which is the Hebrew (I think) form of Susannah.
- I have always loved the name Lucy. It is so cute and charming. A bit old fashion but thatís why itís such a great name.
- means bringer of light, very pretty name, feminine, ages well, and can be paired with many many middle names. my favorites - Lucy Mae, Lucy Isabella
- is a lovely name that sounds very old-fashioned and a bit English, yet it also sounds charming and fresh. Plus it is the name of my favorite heroine, Lucy Honeychurch from E.M. Forster's "A Room With a View."
- Lucy is just a sweet name. Perhaps a bit babyish, but still just a sweet, pleasant name.
- Perky, cute, and underused.
- Lucy Charlotte: This name sounds very British, which is a good thing to me, because I love England! It also sounds a little old-fashioned. Also, I like the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", so all around this is a great name!
- Lucy Genevieve: two very uncommon, older names. They evoke a feeling of class and yet spunkiness also.
- Lucy Kaila: This name is fab, Lucy is a beautiful name, perhaps a little overused now, but still great. Kaila gives Lucy a more unique feel, as Lucy is popular, Kaila is most unheard of.
- Lucy Kathryn: Lucy is a great name. Too bad it went out of style. Perhaps that is why I like it!
Lucy is the English form of the Latin name Lucia, which comes from the word lux, meaning "light." It has been used in England since the 12th century. Masculine forms are Lucian and Lucius, though they have never been as popular as Lucy is for girls, probably die to the fact that St. Lucia was a prominent saint to early Christians, and is the patroness of the blind.
See Also: Luce
Your Favorite Names