- I know a three year old with this name. I think it's adorable (like her) but it doesn't sound so cutesy that she'd never get a job, or too grown-up or weird that she'd be laughed out of school. I also love the nicknames, Maddie and Mads, though she'll probably outgrow Mads pretty quickly. It works well with a middle name I wouldn't normally even consider--Patricia.
- the name is very pretty and has great nicknames togo along wiht it (maddie), also that it is fairly uncommon- which is good to me
- can be used for child or adult, nn posibilities
- Great alternative to Madison if you love the nickname Madi!
- Madeline Camilla: older name
This is the English form of the name Magdalene (see Madeleine). As of 2010, it is the second most common spelling of the name in the USA, lagging slightly behind Madelyn.
See Also: Madeleine, Madelyn, Madalyn, Madalynn, Madellyn
Your Favorite Names