- Is definaltley my favourite name. Its unusual and creative. If i had a daughter called melody shed be forced into playing as many musical instruments as possible.
- This is one name that I love the traditional spelling of. I am currently 4 months pregnant and this is the name we are considering if we have a girl. The name is musical and makes me think of mothers singing lullaby's to their babies.
- self explanatory, musical; beautiful; it's not rare, but not too common either.
- Melody Ann: It's traditional yet sleek and elegant
- Melody Jewel: Melody is such a cute name, it's girly and pretty unique, but not out there. Jewel (or Jewell) is beautiful and sound fantastic with Melody. Melody is music and Jewel means precious. Precious Song!
Melody has been used as a given name since at least the mid 20th century. It is the vocabulary word "melody" (meaning a song or tune) taken as a name. It may owe its popularity to the fact that is sounds a little like Melanie, an established name.
Your Favorite Names