- When I hear this name if reminds me of a strong willed woman.
- (Me a) this could be a nickname for Maria
- I love this name - it actually means "mine". It's very different and beautiful
- Mia Angel(My-na-gel): Let it flow when you say it so you almost say it like Minejul For your little angel
- Mia Cheyenne: the #2 choice for our son!!!
Mia started out as a German, Scandinavian and Dutch diminutive form of Maria. In the USA it is sometimes associated with the feminine Italian pronoun meaning "mine" (i.e., cara mia meaning "my dear.") In the USA, Mia has been in the top 25 since the mid 2000s.
Your Favorite Names