I dunno what it is about this name but i just love it,its simple yet gives me the image of someone very strong. i think its better as a girls name
- I love this name for a boy OR girl. I think Morgans are sweet and fun-loving.
- I think this name is beautiful. It reminds me of a horse, strong yet beautiful. I love the combinations Morgan Mae, Morgan Elizabeth, and Morgan Olivia.
- Morgan is simple but unique and i used to know a Morgan who was very pretty, kind and loved by all.
- I think it is a great female name showing power.
- Morganor Morgana (MOR gan, mor GAN ah): the Celtic Triple Goddess, she represented a powerful force of nature, and at the same time, the name just sounds beautiful. It's a strong name, rooted in energy.
- Morgan Grace: Another name I love because it flows well. I mainly love it because my initails are MNF and DH's are TGF. So the child's
initials would be MGF.
- Morgan Kaylee: I like Morgan Kaylee because I think it is a beutifal name that just flows together wonderfully.
Although this is usually a man's name, it has a strong female tradition in The tales of King Arthur, where Morgan LeFay ("Morgan of the Faries") was said to be King Arthur's half-sister. Scholars have speculated that Morgan LeFay was based on the Celtic goddess Modron (earlier form is Matrona). Her name may have been changed to Morgan when the tales traveled to Brittany, where morgans are a local type of water fairy. Aside from Morgan LeFay, Morgan hasn't been used by mortals as a girls' name until the 20th century, where it probably caught on as a result of the trend of using surnames as first names. Its popularity was also probably helped by the American Actress Morgan Fairchild (b. 1950), whose name at birth was Patsy Ann McClenny.
See Also: Morgan, Morgaine
Your Favorite Names