- I think is an ultra feminine name
- Classic, graceful, and feminine. How could you be a rotten person with a name like Olivia. It symbolises peace to me, and again suits children and adults both.
- Wonderful name full of personality yet classic and refined.
- I think it is so pretty and feminine. It is adorable for little girls, but also a beautiful name for women.
- A very sophisticated, pretty name. Easily recognizable in many different cultures, yet not over-used. Nice nicknames (Livvie and Liv.) I think this is a name that can easily grow with a child. Also the name of a character in a Rosamonde Pilcher novel that I loved.
- or aliviah this is what I want to call my thrid daughter if I can get my husband to agree. I love it because it is a classic and lends itself to
a child that is sweet,innocent and the baby of my family. aka little olivia. I also love the idea of a teen name of liv or livey, as a trustworthym, wise laid back confident teen. Also Olivia lends itself to a very elegan, classic women capable of achieving anything she sets her mind too this name is elegant without snobish
- I fell in love with the name Olivia because it can be elegant and sophisticated for an adult (as in Shakespearean times) yet it has a sweet innocent quality which I can see fitting for a small child. I am not fond of names that are so unique that no one can spell them or pronounce them, but I also do not like names that are overly used and plain. Olivia has the right balance of these qualities for me and I also love that the nickname Livi can be used. I am excited to someday have my own little Olivia.
- Sweet, old fashioned, and perfect for a little girl - but I'm not sure that it would be appreciated at all by a teenager !!
- very old fashioned name-feminine reminds me of a Victorian era girl
- not many people are names Olivia, and it sounds smart and pretty.
- Classic again, but can use Livvy as a nn.
- my very favorite name. It makes me think of Olivia Newton-John. Soft and sweet, yet powerful and is ever lasting over the years. Shorten to Libby. Great way to think of names for kids...will it roll off your tongue when you say there entire name loudly?
- Olivia Anne: Olivia is a classical name and it's so feminine and pretty. Some people say Anne is a filler name, but I think it flows beautifully with Olivia.
- Olivia Jade: Beautiful, smooth name.
- Olivia Joy: Olivia is quite the popular name but I just love it! It's cute, yet elegant and sophisticated. For the middle name, I wanted virtues for the girls. I don't know if thats too corny, but I think it's pretty. Joy is also after one of my good friends who is from Korea.
- Olivia Nicole: Olivia is a very pretty name,one of my favorites.I really like the way it sounds.Nicole is a pretty name that flows well with Olivia.
- Olivia Renee: Just think it has a nice ring to it!
This name was first coined by Shakespeare for his play Twelfth Night. He may have intended it to be a feminine form of Oliver (see also), or from the Latin root oliva meaning "olive tree."
See Also: Oliver
Your Favorite Names