- Strong and masculine, but still with enough femininity...a perfect name for a girl who's a little girly and a little tomboyish (which most girls are!)
- Whimsical and not overly frilly, like many girls' names are.
- is what I am going to name my little girl. I think it is very unusual, not weird, not very many people have that name.
- I got the name off of the show "Charmed" but I have noticed it around. It's an odd name but I think it's cute and it would fit a little girl with a good imagination who liked to be bouncy and giggly.
- my newest favorite--the name of a child I babysit, and just a new, modern, trendy name
- whimsical name, reminds me of a fairy.
- It sounds so musical. It's unique and rather unpopular. I love it, and if I ever have children, which I've vowed not to ever since before I can recall, this would be my daugther's name.
- Piper Maria Rose: This is my husbands doing. I'm sure it's because he has a crush on the character from "Charmed". He says no, he just loves the name. I don't know how I feel about it yet.
- Piper Rhiley Piper sounds very fairy-tale to me; sweet, innocent, predictable at times, but there's always a suprise around the corner, exciting, strong. All sorts of things. I would love to have a daughter named this. It just sounds like someone named this would be such a joy to be around. Rhiley sounds good with Piper to me. I like boys names on girls most of the time, and especially Riley. Adding the h there makes it seem more like a girls name to me.
From an English surname denoting someone who played the flute or fife, this probably began life as a girls' name when it was chosen by Rosetta Jacobs (b. 1933) for her stage name and the name she is known by, Piper Laurie. Since then it's been used for a character on the U.S. tv series "Charmed" (debuted in 1998), and its popularity has taken off from there.
Your Favorite Names