- dark and mysterious another good thing for a woman
- I love odd names that sound intelligent and mysterious and to me Raven does just that. Being a writer, when I hear names I tend to get images with them and with Raven I get this image of a dark haired noble from the renissiance period, drawing her cloak about her with a dusky scene behind her and a feel of what her personality might be and it may be strange, but that makes the name more appealing to me.
- Raven Alexandria: My "dream name". No one has ever liked it and therefore I will probably never get to use it. When I think of Raven, I think of a beautiful girl with long black hair and light eyes. And Alexandria is a strong middle name that flows well with Raven. I think I read a book when I was a teenager and the main character's name was Raven.
- Raven Ember: My favorite girls name was hard to choose. I finally chose Raven Ember because it has a sense of mystery to it. It also shows a kind of dark power.
- Raven Magnus: Raven is just a unusual and Magnus is been in my Family for 4 gen. I'm the 3th one to carry it as a middke name. It was my Great Grandmother's maiden name.
- Raven Nicole: I love the name Raven for many reasons besides the fact that it just sounds good and Nicole because thats my middle name (Amber "Nicole"....ya know, mother&daughter with matching middle names-hehe!) Well I think its cute!
- Raven Skyla: this could be a rock star's name and i luv that thought !
Although the name Raven has long been a staple of historic/romance novels and fantasy books, it's only been in use as an actual given name since the 20th century. However, lots of cultures have names implying ravens, for example Brân (Welsh), Fechín (Irish), Bertram (English), Wolfram (German)
See Also: Ravyn, Ravenne
Your Favorite Names