- This is my great great aunt's name. She is so nice. She remembers little things about you, like the fact that I like cherry tomatoes.
- One of my favorite bible books is Proverbs 31. Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. What a sweet prayer that you should have such a daughter. Ruby is a name that would hold her to a standard to be a woman of God more precious than any treasure.
- Old-fashioned yet making a comeback, Ruby has a colorful flair and off-beat charm. Spunky and creative attributes contribute to its appeal.
- Beautiful name, cute when young, strong when old.
- my mother's name. I used to be embarrassed but now I think it is cute and sweet and don't you know all those songs about Ruby? Oh, Ruby, don't take your love to town. Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, oh Ruby, won't you be mine? Goodbye Ruby Tuesday. And, it's red. Get the picture? If I had given birth to a girl, her name would have been Ruby Victoria.
- I love the name Ruby for a girl as I think it sounds both feminine and strong at the same time, and also conjures up a visual image because of the colour connotation. It is also a name that can grow through the life of a person, sounding cute for a child, exotic and classy too as they grow older.
- Ruby-Tuesday Aries Saffryni will b using this combo 4 my 1st adopted daughter. the 1st name is my mother's nickname (it's a nickname 4 Roberta btw) that i have luvved from an early age. the 1st middle name comes from the song "Mellow Yellow" but i didn't like the original spelling so i made it more unusual. my mother was a Rolling Stones fan so i decided 2 honour that! the first middle name is my birth sign & i want her to have a part of me in her name. i consider double barreled names as one and i like giving 2 middle names in case my girls don't like their given names, so that's why i've got a fairly usual name with a different spelling as the last middle name.
This was first used as a name in the Victorian era, when gemstones and flower names came into fashion (i.e., Coral, Pearl, Violet, Myrtle, Daisy etc.)
Your Favorite Names